Please be sure to check with each state/destination for its current COVID-19 guidelines before planning a visit. This post may contain links from which we earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
As someone who spends a lot of time in hotel rooms and campgrounds, I can tell you that it’s not easy to keep up with a fitness routine while traveling. A busy schedule, combined with so many awesome (but not always healthy) food options, and extra time sitting in car and airplane seats is enough to throw everything off. This year, I made a commitment to take my health more seriously, and that includes when I’m traveling.
Here are some fun finds to help with your health and fitness goals while traveling. This gear fits into your suitcase so you can stay on track no matter where you go.
- TOPLUS Travel Yoga Mat with Carrying Bag – Regular yoga mats are lightweight, but bulky, making it a hassle to bring them on airplanes. The TOPLUS Travel Yoga Mat folds flat, weighs 2.5 lbs., and provides excellent skid resistance for hotel room yoga and pilates. It is also machine washable and comes in a few different colors.
- Limm Resistance Bands with Carrying Case – A set of five 12″ resistance bands made of 100% latex. Build up strength gradually starting with the extra light band and working up to the extra heavy resistance. Comes with an e-book, instructions, and a link to online videos to make the most of your travel workouts.
- DEGOL Tangle-Free Jump Rope – Jump start your cardio workouts with a jump rope. While all jump ropes are portable and great for travel fitness, the DEGOL includes soft, memory foam handles, and ball bearings for tangle-free skipping.
- The Ultimate Workout Guide for the Road by Suzanne Schlosberg – This is an inspiring book for all travelers who want to get or stay in shape. It includes tips for fitting fitness into your suitcase, eating healthy on the road, and finding trails and gyms when you’re far from home.
- URBNFit Portable Stability Ball – Perfect for balance work, stretching, yoga, and fitness workouts, this durable stability ball comes in several different sizes and colors. A portable pump is included, making the ball fit easily into your suitcase or travel bag, plus there’s even an instruction guide with exercise ideas. I use a stability ball when working on the road to strengthen my core while typing blog posts!
- Letsfit Fitness and Activity Tracker – This is an all-in-one activity tracker at a great price. Keeps track of your steps, heart rate, sleep and even reminds you to get moving if you’ve been sedentary for a while. Connects to your smartphone via Bluetooth technology and uses your phone’s GPS to see real-time running stats. For those of you that haven’t invested in a smartwatch (like me), this is a great alternative for inspiring you to stay fit while traveling.
More Fun Friday Finds:
Pin for later?