What Information Do We Collect and How is it Used?
- Information You Voluntarily Submit to Back Road Ramblers: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, if you voluntarily submit information to the website by leaving a comment, subscribing to notifications, or submitting a contact form, you will be asked to enter your name and email address. You may also voluntarily sign up for our email newsletter.
- Information We Collect from Others: We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, if you use a third-party software through the site, they may transfer information to us for fulfillment.
- Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked. We will not gather your name or other information that can personally identify you in this manner.
- Cookies: We may log information using cookies, which are small data files stored on your browser by the Website.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
THIRD-PARTY USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies. The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.
- Influencer Networks – from time to time, as described herein, the Website may post sponsored content that contains tracking pixels for networks such as Activate by Bloglovin’, Gravity Fed, and Range Influence. Tracking pixels may capture information such as your IP address to evaluate the effectiveness of the marketing campaigns. This information is not stored on the Website.
- Gleam – the Website uses Gleam to administer occasional sweepstakes. To enter certain sweepstakes, we will collect personal information, which is stored by Gleam, but is not accessible to Back Road Ramblers, except to contact the winner. If you do not wish to have your information saved in Gleam, do not enter any sweepstakes hosted on the site.
- Website performance – the Website uses tools to improve performance that may capture your personal information. Any personal information obtained by these companies is not shared with any third parties.
- Affiliate Networks – Back Road Ramblers participates in affiliate marketing, which is described more fully below. When you make a purchase using an affiliate link, the third-party from which you make the purchase may transfer information regarding the sale back to us. This will depend on the individual company’s privacy policies. Currently, we host affiliate links from the following providers:
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
From time to time, we may use anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt into saving your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for at least one year.
Facebook: Opt-out of Facebook remarketing here
Sponsored Content Tracking Pixels
This Website may engage in sponsored campaigns with various influencer networks, brands, and agencies. All sponsored content is duly disclosed in accordance with the FTC’s requirements. From time to time, these sponsored campaigns utilize tracking pixels (aka web beacons), which may contain cookies to collect data regarding usage and audience. This information is collected by the sponsoring company to track the results of the campaign. No personally identifiable information collected by the Website is used in conjunction with these tracking pixels.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Back Road Ramblers is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
RIGHTS RELATED TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at tara@backroadramblers to be removed from our mailing list.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately tara AT backroadramblers DOT com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
From time to time, the Website may post sponsored content from an advertiser. This means that an advertiser, which may be a brand, agency, or influencer network, will contract with Back Road Ramblers to create content featuring certain messages or product placement. Pursuant to the FTC’s requirements, all such advertisements on the Website are clearly and conspicuously disclosed.
Even though compensation (e.g., cash, free product, or services) is received in exchange for this sponsored content placement, Back Road Ramblers gives its honest opinion, findings, beliefs, or experiences in such content. All views expressed on the Website are those of the content creator. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party in question.
Back Road Ramblers has made every effort to ensure that all information on the Website has been tested for accuracy. Back Road Ramblers makes no guarantees regarding the results that you will see from using the information provided on the Website.
TRAVEL CONTENT DISCLAIMER
The Website may discuss topics related to travel, including discussion of modes of transportation, lodging, and activities. The travel information provided on the Website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. The Website makes no representations or warranties in relation to the travel information on the Website. Your experience with the same providers mentioned may differ from that depicted on the Website.
The Website was developed strictly for informational purposes. You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your use of the information provided on the Website. Back Road Ramblers makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees. You understand that results may vary from person to person. Back Road Ramblers assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions that may appear on the Website.
Copyright Information and Use
Unless otherwise stated, Back Road Ramblers owns the intellectual property and rights to all content and material on the Website. Subject to the license below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
The following uses are not permitted:
- Republication of content from the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for republication;
- Sale, rental or sub-license of any content from the Website;
- Reproduction or duplication of any content on the Website for commercial purposes;
- Modification of any content on this website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for modification;
- Redistribution of content of the Website, unless content is specifically and expressly made available for redistribution. Users are permitted to share content on social media channels, as long as a link to the Website is included.
From time to time, the Website will utilize various plugins or widgets to allow sharing of content via social media channels, email or other methods. Use of these plugins or widgets does not constitute any waiver of Back Road Rambler’s intellectual property rights. Such use is a limited license to republish the content on the approved social media channels, with full credit to Back Road Ramblers.
You must not use the Website in a way that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impair the availability of access to the Website. You must not decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise reduce the Website, except to the extent that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law. You must not use the Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material that consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit and/or other harmful code or malicious software.
You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities, including, but not limited to scraping, data mining, data extraction or data harvesting on or in relation to the Website without Back Road Ramblers’ express written permission.
You must not use the Website to transmit or send any unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the Website for any third-party marketing without Back Road Rambler’s express written permission.
Unless otherwise noted, the design, content, and all components of the Website are copyrights owned by Tara at Back Road Ramblers or third parties and are protected by the United States and international copyright laws and should not be reused or republished without express written permission.
GRANT OF RIGHTS
You grant Back Road Ramblers a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute any content you contribute to the Website. This includes, but is not limited to, text, images, audio material, comments, video material, and audio-visual material. This license extends to all known and future media. You also grant Back Road Ramblers the right to sub-license these rights and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
From time to time, the Website will publish posts with images from other third-party websites. Any such use is intended considered fair use under copyright laws and is fully attributed to the owner. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been used on the Website in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and falls outside of fair use, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the image within 24 to 48 hours.
Prior to engaging in any events or commercial transactions with any third parties discovered through or linked on the Website, you must complete any necessary investigation or due diligence. If there is a dispute for any events or commercial transactions with a third party discovered through or linked on the Website, you expressly hold Back Road Ramblers harmless from any and all liability in any dispute.
The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any representations or warranties, expressed or implied. Back Road Ramblers makes no representations or warranties in relation to the Website or the information and materials provided therein.
Back Road Ramblers makes no warranty the Website will meet your requirements; will be available uninterrupted; timely and free of viruses or bugs; or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please Mediavine Partners.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Back Road Ramblers WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR SPECIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, HOWEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, DATA OR USE, INCURRED BY YOU, WHETHER UNDER THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Last updated: October 28, 2021