Hi there, we’re Tara and Eric, the faces behind Back Road Ramblers.
Back Road Ramblers provides practical, in-depth travel itineraries, small-town destination ideas, and insanely easy ways to get outside.
Our goal is to inspire our readers to explore new destinations by highlighting the unique qualities of our favorite places. We want to emphasize that travel doesn’t have to be perfect, expensive, or life-changing. Small journeys can be as adventurous as the big ones!
We started Back Road Ramblers in 2015 with no intention of turning it into a business. Apparently, our readers had other plans. Today, Back Road Ramblers reaches more than 100,000 followers through our website, social media, and email newsletter.
- 71,000 Monthly Page Views
- 30,000 Social Media Followers
- 2,000 Email Subscribers
Back Road Ramblers has been featured in AAA Northeast, the Discoverer, the Outbound Collective, Estuary Magazine, and more. Check out our press and media page for a full list of press features.
We’ll dig deeper into our audience and partnership opportunities below, but we also have a tidy and organized media kit that includes all the stats with none of the fluff, if that’s more your speed.
Meet Our Readers
Most Back Road Ramblers readers are residents of the United States. 60% are female, and most are between the ages of 35 and 55.
Our typical reader is a woman who is married with children or transitioning to empty nesting. She’s interested in hiking, photography, the outdoors, sustainable travel, and unique accommodations in beautiful places. She most often travels with a companion or her family, but she is not opposed to the occasional solo getaway.
- Our readers are not frivolous with their money, but they are willing to splurge on experiences that will inspire them to live their lives more fully.
- When our readers discover brands they love, they will be forever loyal, especially if the brand aligns with their personal values regarding sustainability, equality, and ethical travel.
- Our readers don’t want to rush through their vacation. Instead, they are interested in slow travel and fully immersing themselves in a destination.
- Our readers aren’t necessarily interested in the top tourist attractions. They want unique experiences and accommodations that they won’t be able to find anywhere else.
Back Road Ramblers’ followers want to get outside, and they’re looking for unique destinations across America that will help them do it in style.
How we Connect
Blog – 71,000 monthly page views
Instagram – 8,950+ followers
Facebook -2,700+ highly engaged followers
Pinterest – 7,700+ followers
Newsletter: 2,000 subscribers
What We Write About
We address issues that are important to road trippers and outdoor enthusiasts and cover topics such as –
- Hidden destinations across America
- Small town explorations
- Hiking and camping guides
- Unique and in-depth road trip itineraries
- Travel with Dogs
- Tips for hiking, camping, and canoeing with dogs and kids
- Lodging and all-inclusive vacations for outdoor lovers
- The best clothing and gear for casual outdoor adventures
- Freelance writing and photography – We can create content for your website or blog, as well as unique destination photos. Check out my writing portfolio to see if I would be a good fit for your project.
- Destination marketing – We can provide social media coverage and blog posts on Back Road Ramblers to highlight and promote your destination. We specialize in easy outdoor adventures and small-town destinations in North America.
- Brand Ambassador collaboration – Looking for a long-term relationship? We are happy to discuss brand ambassadorships, especially if your brand aligns with ours.
- Sponsored posts – Learn how we can seamlessly weave your brand or product into unique blog posts or a social media campaign.
Note: All partnerships are disclosed as per FTC guidelines. If you’re interested in partnering with Back Road Ramblers, I’d love to hear from you.
Looking for our media kit? Send us an email!
Let’s talk more! Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to start the conversation!